SVS believes that livelihoods development is one of the aspects to achieve community development. Mobilizing the stakeholder participation and development of a good governance would grant the community an encouraging space to develop their sustainable livelihoods. Community would need external supports while they would also need to be self mobilized to be able to fully utilize their own resources.
In order to achieve this objective, SVS would be facilitating, supporting and advocating community and their stakeholders. SVS would be taking the followings as strategies in order to achieve this strategic objective.
- All the stakeholders in the target communities are involving in the process of community sustainable livelihoods development being aware of and practicing participation, productive collaboration in a harmony to create a good governance system
- Target communities are able to mobilize the effective resources, in cash and in kind capital to develop their livelihoods activities, small and medium size businesses.
- Target communities are able to operate revolving fund and community based micro-financing for small businesses
- Community to have necessary supports especially technical supports for their primary production, small businesses and all other livelihoods activities including self monitoring and quality control mechanism.
- Business ventures in the private sector are aware of and support the community livelihoods such as involving in the intervention of market chain, middle mediation between producers and end users etc. in this development process so that the impact to be effective and sustain
Livelihood and Sustainable Development Program
Integrated Livelihood and Sustainable Development Program in Sat San Village tract, Bogalay township in Ayeyarwaddy Division